Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pope Francis and confessions (and liberals)

Pope Francis and confessions (and liberals)

Liberals are crowing about how wonderful Pope Francis new liturgical style is.  "Everyone should imitate him!", they exalt.
Okay, my little friends, hearing confessions, the Sacrament of Penance, is LITURGY.
Here is something I picked up from Catholic World News.  This is from a piece about Pope Francis' doings as Archbishop in Buenos Aires.  My emphases.
After discussing the Pope's simple and direct leadership style and willingness to delegate, the priest also spoke of the Pope's willingness to hear confessions.
"More than once, someone would call him up and say, 'I'm sick, I need a priest to say Mass for me,'" Father Brunori recounted. "He'd tell them not to worry, I'll take care of it, and he'd go to say the Mass himself. Sometimes he'd bring another priest, while he heard confessions. For him, confession is about the mercy of God. There are a lot of parishes in Buenos Aires, and they sometimes don't have enough priests to hear confessions. Quite often, he would go and do it himself, while a priest celebrated the Mass. He would also go to hear confessions in the slums."
In the blogosphere who is it again who has been pushing for a revitalization of the Sacrament of Penance and even confessions during Mass?
I'll believe liberals are sincere about their praise of Pope Francis and his humble style as soon as they start urging priests to hear confessions, even during Mass.
Just. Like. Cardinal Bergoglio.